Who can participate in the SUNY Apprenticeship Program?
- Employers in Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare, IT/Cybersecurity/Artificial Intelligence and other sectors outside of the construction trades.
* If you are unsure if your company fits under these categories, please contact us for verification.
How does this program benefit your company?
If your company has a registered apprenticeship through the NYSDOL, then you will be eligible to get the related instruction portion of an apprenticeship partly/fully covered. There is also funding available for pre-apprenticeships to get interested candidates prepared to enter an apprenticeship program. Please contact your local community college to participate or the MVCC apprenticeship team for more information.
After you decide that an apprenticeship program is right for your company, contact the MVCC apprenticeship team or your local representative designated by county to start the process. For more information please visit Contact Us Page of Apprenticeship of NYS Department of Labor.
Empire State Apprenticeship Tax Credit (ESATC)
- Provides tax incentives to certified New York State registered apprenticeship sponsors for hiring new qualified apprentices.
- Incentive fact sheet can be found on the NYS Department of Labor Apprentice Factsheet page.
Apprenticeship Expansion Grant (AEG#2) - Currently expired, but waiting on extension.
- NYSDOL is making up to $4.1 million available until April 30, 2019 to serve approximately 800 new apprentices in registered apprenticeships (RA). This funding will cover costs associated with training apprentices through RA, such as related instruction (RI), on the job training (OJT), books and tools.
- For more information please check the Apprenticeship Expansion Grant RFA or Apprenticeship Expansion Grant Fact Sheet.
Please watch the following video provided by HMO Working Solutions that shows how an apprenticeship program may be right for your company.
Courtesy of the Workforce Development Board, American Apprenticeship Initiative (AAI)
New York State Apprenticeship Summit
Please watch the following video provided by NYSDOL showcasing the inaugural NYS Apprenticeship Summit
Courtesy of the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL)