Who can participate in the SUNY Apprenticeship Program?
Nearly every company in New York State outside of the construction trades can benefit from the funding. Many trades already exist and new trades can be created to fit specific needs.
*If you are unsure if your company qualifies for apprenticeship, please contact us for verification.
How can this program benefit your company?
- Up to $5,000 per Registered Apprentice for Related Instruction through a SUNY campus
- Apprenticeship training through a SUNY Campus to help prepare individuals for Apprenticeships
- Tax credit from Empire State Apprenticeship Tax Credit (ESATC)
- On-the-job training funds
- Build a highly skilled workforce
- Increase employee retention
- Increase efficiency and productivity
- Have a structured and consistent training program
If you would like to explore apprenticeship further or have decided that the apprenticeship program is the best path for your company, please contact the MVCC apprenticeship team.
The following videos highlight some of the benefits and growth of the apprenticeship program.
Courtesy of the Workforce Development Board, American Apprenticeship Initiative (AAI)
Courtesy of the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL)