Earn an MVCC tech and trades certificate
at no cost in 8 months!
Seats are limited. Classes begin Aug. 29, 2022.
Students can choose to take courses in:
MV Tech Corps Scholarship
The MV Tech Corps Scholarship provides up to two terms of full tuition and fees at MVCC, as well as last-dollar support for required materials expenses.
- Must be a resident of Oneida or Herkimer County.
- Must be between 17 and 28 years old.
- Must apply for admission to the College using MVCC’s free application form.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student, taking a minimum of 12 credit hours each term.
- Must apply for both Pell and TAP awards.
- Must maintain a minimum “C” (2.0) average for each term in attendance to maintain the scholarship.
- Non-Oneida County residents must submit a Certificate of Residence.
*Students must have a high school diploma or its equivalent to receive an MVCC certificate.
Students who complete their program will receive SUNY-recognized certificates* and be guaranteed job interviews with local companies, such as Briggs & Stratton in Sherrill, N.Y., and Cree Wolfspeed in Marcy, N.Y.
MV Tech Corps is funded through the Rome Industrial Development Association. MV Tech Corps is an equal opportunity program. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly regardless of their race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.