Food Assistance Programs
MVCC Food Pantry
The Utica Campus food pantry is located in the Learning Commons (WH144). It is open during College hours - 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. All are welcome!
MVCC Campus Cupboard
Campus Cupboard is a food pantry located in the Library Wing of Rome Campus in room PC102A that provides quick heat-and-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and health snacks items to students in need as part of the iServe Mohawk Valley program. The Cupboard also provides food items to take home and cook in addition to hygiene items, some paper products, school supplies, and gently used professional attire. Networking services with community providers are also provided. Students can walk in or call to schedule an appointment. The pantry is available whenever the Rome Campus is open. All services are free and confidential.
- 21-Meal Food Box Program: Each food box provides 21 meals for each member of a family
- Community Meal Program: Free meals available during breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Nutrition program for Woman, Infants, and Children
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program): Supplemental assistance for low-income households
- Free clothing for local residents and community members
- Affordable and, in some cases, free clothing
Heat/Energy Conservation Assistance
- Weatherization and energy efficiency services
- Section 8
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): Assistance paying home energy bills