College Photo IDs:
Upon completion of registration and payment, students may obtain an ID card. ID cards can be obtained in the Public Safety Office in Utica (Academic Building room 109) or the Student Services Office in Rome (Plumley Complex room 130.)
Important information about your ID card:
- ID cards are valid for three (3) years from original issue date.
- ID cards are required for the use of some facilities, admission to events, photo identification, financial purposes, computer labs, etc.
- Used in the Bookstore, the ID card allows students to access their available financial aid and allows the Bookstore to waive the sales tax on textbooks.
- I.D. cards must be shown and/or relinquished upon the request of any college official or authorized representative of the College.
- There is a replacement fee for lost or physically damaged cards.
Replacement Non-Proximity Card IDs cost $5.00
Replacement Proximity Card IDs cost $10.00
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS):
Contact Public Safety and see if it was turned into Lost and Found. Call (315) 792-5566 to inquire.
If it is still missing you will need to apply for a new ID card. This process begins in the Utica Business Office (Payne Hall 108). The replacement cost is $10.00.
The Department of Public Safety does not accept payment, the Business Office does.
Turn in the MVCC ID into the Department of Public Safety. In Utica, it is Academic Building room 109 and in Rome it is Plumley Complex room 118.
No. You may only possess one (1) MVCC ID card at any time. If you have more than one (1) card, turn the extra card into the Department of Public Safety so that it may be destroyed.
Most services offered using your MVCC ID will only recognize one (1) card as valid. If you possess more than one (1) card, many services will be denied using the extra card. Services affected by this include your mealplan, Residence Hall access, and Bookstore purchases.
Contact your R.A. on Duty at ext. 5310. Any resident student who loses their card outside of normal business hours for the Public Safety Office will be given a temporary card upon request from Residence Life.
A temporary card will work only the front doors; it is not a temporary meal card. This temporary card will remain operable for a maximum of three (3) days.