The Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) is accepting nominations for its annual Follow the Leader community leadership awards, which celebrate emerging and established community leaders and businesses who have positively impacted the quality of life in the Mohawk Valley. The nomination deadline is Feb. 20, and winners will be given their awards at a ceremony in April.
Nominees can be anyone of any age who lives, works/attends school, positively impacts the quality of life in the Mohawk Valley, and exhibits many, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- Envisions the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities — a visionary
- Empowers, guides, and inspires others
- Has made significant, impactful contributions to their community
- Demonstrates outstanding skills in areas of community service, entrepreneurship, sustainability, and/or leadership
- Exemplifies key leadership qualities: passionate, innovative, determined, forward-thinking, positive, resourceful, and service-oriented
About the Center for Leadership Excellence
The Center for Leadership Excellence was launched in 2018 as a partnership between Leadership Mohawk Valley and Mohawk Valley Community College, blending their expertise, programs, and resources into an innovative and high-impact center to address the region’s need for effective, equipped, and engaged community leaders. To develop a robust community reservoir of talent and expertise that can effectively address public challenges, the CLE will equip local residents, professionals, doers, and dreamers with the skills and professional abilities to take the lead in navigating the region through complex new challenges and opportunities of the future. Existing leadership programs in the region have shown outstanding results — but the CLE believes there is still tremendous potential waiting to be unlocked in the community’s women, minorities, small business managers, refugees, youth, and other groups that are under-represented in local leadership positions.