Friday, Oct. 16, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Free and open to the public!
Virtual, interactive, and statewide!
NYS Manufacturing Day 2020 is an online event that will celebrate manufacturers from across New York State and highlight the pathways students can take toward manufacturing careers.
By recognizing NYS manufacturers and building awareness of available educational and training opportunities, NYS Manufacturing Day 2020 will benefit companies, community leaders, educators, high school and college students as well as economic development and manufacturing associations from across New York State.
- 8 a.m.-8:30 a.m.: Remo opens; Informal networking
- 8:30-8:40 a.m.: Welcome
- 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m.: Speakers
- 8:50-12:30 p.m.: Exhibitor/Attendee Interactions
How to Use Remo Conference as an Attendee
Participating employers will be able to post their internship and job opportunities on the Career Services’ Purple Briefcase site prior to the event. The office will promote the event and positions to students. Once students apply to the various roles there will be an opportunity for the employer to schedule an on campus interview day to interview the students who meet the qualifications for the role.
For Manufacturers and Educators
For Students and Parents
Based upon data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Gallup Survey, over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will be needed and it is expected that 2 million will go unfilled due to the skills gap.
In 2015, the average manufacturing worker in the United States earned $81,289 annually, including pay and benefits. The average worker in all nonfarm industries earned $63,830.
- AIM Photonics
- Andela Products
- Bartell Machinery Systems, LLC
- C.B.I. Professional Wiring Systems
- Corning Incorporated
- CVD Equipment
- Danfoss Silicon Power
- Edwards Vacuum LLC
- F.X. Matt Brewing Company
- Fiber Instrument Sales
- G&K Services, a Division of Cintas
- HP Hood
- Indium Corporation
- International Wire Group
- Keyence Corporation of America
- Kwik-Kut Manufacturing
- Marquardt Switches, Inc.
- Meyda Lighting
- Miller 3D Printing
- MSI Molding Solutions
- M+W Group
- Naval Nuclear Laboratory
- OBG (O'Brien & Gere)
- Oriskany Manufacturing
- Owl Wire and Cable LLC
- Panasonic Eco Solar Solutions NY
- Pratt & Whitney - HMI
- Riverhawk Company
- Sherrill Manufacturing/ Liberty Tabletop
- Sigma Advanced Materials
- Special Metals Corporation
- Syracuse Supply Machine Tools
- The Fountainhead Group, Inc.
- The Raymond Corporation
- Troy Industrial Solutions
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Varflex Corporation
- Williams Tool
- Advanced Institute for Manufacturing (AIM)
- American Apprenticeship Initiative
- BOCES Consortium of Continuing Education
- Clear Path For Veterans
- Fulton Montgomery Community College
- Herkimer College
- HFM P-Tech Early College High School
- NYS Department of Labor
- OHM BOCES
- P-TECH OHM
- SAE Baja Club
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Tooling U - SME
- Workforce Development Institute