The purpose of the Senate Faculty Caucus is to provide a forum for the discussion and consideration of matters of common academic interest and to provide a mechanism for the formulation and presentation of recommendations on matters of academic concern, including, but not limited to SUNY initiatives, community trends, and developments in teaching. The Caucus also provides opportunities for collaboration within and between academic schools on matters of common interest.
Caucus Chair (elected by the Caucus; may not be Senate Chair)
- Shahida Dar, Chair
- Roman Santos, Secretary
- Meet regularly and call for topics for discussion from the College community
- Hold meetings open to all full- and part-time faculty
- Communicate with all members of the College’s academic units
- Communicate with the College community on matters of academic concern
- Communicate with appropriate Senate committees
- Communicate with, report to and make recommendations to the College Senate
- Submit semester and annual reports of caucus activities to the Senate
- Research and address emerging educational issues and communicate with with similar groups on other campuses and with the Faculty Council of Community Colleges (FCCC) with regard to initiatives, findings, and recommendations
- Assume the charge or responsibilities of any other Senate committee
- Make final determinations
- Discuss specific contractual or personnel issues
- Keep the College mission in mind, with an emphasis on the student experience.
- Provide an opportunity for constructive input in matters affecting academics.
- Help the College be responsive to changes in the community as they affect curriculum, teaching, or other academic areas.
Updated Oct. 6, 2015