Register to attend an Ultimate Goal Setting Workshop on 2/1/17 from 1-2:30 pm in AB 253
Helping you be (the BEST) you!
FREE LUNCH PROVIDED
Call 315-792-5326 to reserve your seat!
Welcome to the Office of Career Services!
The Office of Career Services has dedicated professionals to assist MVCC students and alumni with forming career and educational goals and making decisions about their futures. We realize that career planning can be complex, and decisions are difficult, therefore we strive to help you find your way through the processes.
Some services we offer include:
- College and career exploration and counseling
- Resume and cover letter development
- Job search, networking and interview skills training
- Connecting students and alumni with local employers
- Purple Briefcase- online career services platform: search job and internship opportunities, upload resume and other career documents, network with employers, gain career tips and more. Employers use school code MVCC555 upon registration to connect with our campus community.
- Optimal Resume – highly customizable online resume builder, including a wide variety of career specific samples
- Career Coach- designed to help you find a career by providing the most current data on wages, employment, job postings and associated education and training. Also included is a career assessment offering career recommendations based upon your interests and personality
Mission of the Office of Career Services:
The Office of Career Services fosters a supportive environment that assists students with their journey of self-exploration and provides students with the ability to make a successful transition. Through this philosophy we work to empower students to develop comprehensive educational and lifelong career goals that are aligned with each student’s individual values to promote student success.
Vision of the Office of Career Services:
The Office of Career Services strives to inspire student potential through the elimination of barriers induced by limitations of knowledge and experiences. Through exploration and reflection, we hope to enable students to look within themselves to uncover hidden potential in order to thrive in a globally diverse society.
Monday - Friday
8:30AM - 4:30PM
Director, Career & Transfer Services
Career & Employer Relations Specialist
Office of Career Services
104B Payne Hall
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
Phone: (315) 792-5326