President VanWagoner

2021 is here and the spring semester is upon us. We are continuing to focus on our primary protocols of density reduction and daily screening with door monitoring. We will also continue our regular testing of residence halls students.

Return to Campus

We will once again have roughly 80% of our classes delivered remotely this semester with the remaining 20% delivered in-person, on campus. With more than 130 students living in the residence halls, we will have key services and academic resources (e.g., Library, Learning Commons, etc.) open for students.  We will have weekly COVID testing for our students and employees coming to campus. 

Face Coverings Reminder

Face coverings (masks) must be worn by all members of the campus community on campus at all times, including in classrooms, conference rooms and other spaces, even when six-feet social distancing exists. Exceptions to mask wearing include when students are (1) in their private residential or personal space, (2) eating meals on campus while seated and social distancing is appropriately enforced, or (3) by themselves. Faculty and staff are likewise exempt when alone in their office or other space. 

Spring Commencement

Based on current recommendations and to protect the health of our community, we are moving this year’s Spring Commencement ceremony to a virtual celebration that will be broadcast online, Friday, May 14. Members of the MVCC Class of 2021 and their friends and families are invited to gather together online as we recognize them and celebrate their achievements. The streamed event will feature formal remarks and presentations honoring each graduate. While this will not be the same as our traditional ceremony, we are committed to finding the best way possible to recognize our graduates, and will strive to make it meaningful, memorable, and sharable. We also recognize and share the interest of students who wish to commemorate in a more traditional way and are committed to providing the opportunity to invite the Class of 2021 to participate in our Fall Commencement ceremony in December 2021, if public health guidelines allow at that time. More details about the virtual celebration will be forthcoming. Questions on specifics may be emailed to