Submissions for the 2021 Award are now closed. See you in 2022!
Have you written a research paper for a course in the past 2 academic years?
The MVCC Libraries are sponsoring the annual Marjorie Thorpe Memorial Award, where students are encouraged to submit any research paper prepared for any MVCC course during the 2019/2020 or 2020/2021 academic years.
This year up to four $200.00 awards will be presented.
Entries must include:
- A cover sheet which includes:
- Student name
- Permanent Address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Semester in which the research paper was written
- Course name
- Instructor’s name
- Indicate citation style used to do your bibliography or works cited.
- A one page essay "Reflecting on the process of conducting research and steps taken in gathering information."
- A copy of your research paper
- Papers must be a minimum of 3 double-spaced typed pages
- Papers must include evidence of library research (minimum of at least 3 sources)
Entries will be judged on:
- Variety and quality of sources (30%)
- Writing Style (30%)
- Accurate and appropriate use of references (20%) - Form of citations in the bibliography and in the text
- One page essay (20%)
Submit entries by May 10, 2021 to:
Winners will be announced at end of semester.