Submissions are now closed. Please check back here again in Spring 2020!
Have you written a research paper for a course in the past 3 semesters?
The MVCC Libraries are sponsoring the annual Marjorie Thorpe Memorial Award where students are encouraged to submit any research paper prepared for any MVCC course during the Summer 2018, Fall 2018, or Spring 2019 semesters.
Two $200.00 awards will be presented.
Entries must include:
- A cover sheet which includes:
- Student name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Semester in which the research paper was written
- Course name
- Instructor’s name
- Indicate citation style used to do your bibliography or works cited.
- A one page essay "Reflecting on the process of conducting research and steps taken in gathering information."
- A copy of your research paper
- Papers must be a minimum of 3 double-spaced typed pages
- Papers must include evidence of library research (minimum of at least 3 sources)
Entries will be judged on:
- Variety and quality of sources (30%)
- Writing Style (30%)
- Accurate and appropriate use of references (20%) - Form of citations in the bibliography and in the text
- One page essay (20%)
Submit entries by April 19, 2019 to:
Winners will be announced at end of semester.