Living in the Residence Halls at MVCC is about learning. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education”, Martin Luther King Jr. This motto demonstrates the mission of the MVCC Residence Life experience; our hope is that our students are able to achieve a solid education while developing life skills by living in the residence halls while attending classes. Our commitment to academics begins with our academic eligibility policy.
– Academic Initiatives Concentration
This Resident Director promotes a learning environment for the students living in the residence halls.
This position is available to any student who needs assistance. Generally, hours are 10 AM to 12 PM and 1PM to 5 PM Monday through Friday in the Bellamy Hall Office. We can assist students with acquiring a tutor, direct students to the learning commons & Completion Coaches, how to/when to facilitate communication with a professor, and/or assisting with contacting the advisors for scheduling classes each semester.
Watch for special programs such as:
• Time management skills & goal setting
• Communicating workshop for reaching out to instructors & faculty
• Developing individual learning styles
• Introduction to campus resources
• How to prepare for midterm & final exam weeks
• Ways to stay motivated and healthy during resident life experiences