Security is a top priority in the MVCC Residence Halls!
Some of our security measures include:
- Front doors are locked 24 hours a day
- All Residence Halls equipped with Fire Sprinklers
- "Proximity card system" to manage all front door activity
- Student rooms are all equipped with deadbolt locks
- Emergency Alert Notification System
- Peep holes are installed on room doors in quads
- Security Cameras have been placed at over 50 strategic areas
- Increased lighting has been installed on the exterior of buildings and in the parking
- Public Safety Officers patrol the Residence Hall area throughout the night
- "Assistance" emergency phones on each floor
- Professional Security Officers, an out-sourced security company, sit at the entrances
to each building during high traffic hours
- Each room has either a dresser or wardrobe closet that can be secured with a personal
How can students help?
- If you see something suspicious CURRENTLY occurring, contact Public Safety at 315-731-5777.
- If you are aware of something that we should know about, please submit an anonymous
- LOCK YOUR DOOR. IF your roommate is not locking the door, please discuss this with
your Resident Assistant immediately.
- Notify the RA on Duty AT ANY TIME if you are your roommate lose your keys. We will
replace them immediately.
- Abide by the policies regarding “no candles or incense”, no “heat-producing appliances”
or no extension cords.
- Do not people you do not know into the Residence Halls.