Mohawk Valley Community College was the first community college established in New York State. Founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences at Utica, it was one of five (5) post-secondary institutions established on an experimental basis after World War II. The two-year public college offered programs leading to technical and semiprofessional employment in business and industry.
MVCC currently serves Active Military and Veterans from all branches of the Armed Services and their dependents.
Assist Active Military/Veterans and their dependents in applying for VA educational benefits as well as navigate them through the college enrollment process.
- Mentor incoming Veterans to help with Course planning and setting their educational goals to ensure academic success.
- Provide scholarship information and available community resources.
- Provide assistance in applying for federal and state financial aid.
- Assist Veterans in applying for the Veterans Administration Work Study Program.
- Assist Veterans with submitting military transcripts for transfer credit evaluation, if applicable.
VETERANS EDUCATION SERVICES
Student Veteran Specialist
Veteran Education Coordinator & School Certifying Official
Phone: (315) 792-5326
Fax: (315) 792-5696
Monday - Friday
08:30 - 16:30
Walk-Ins Welcomed Schedule Permitting