Will my courses transfer? | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
skip to main content
Adjust Font Size

Will my courses transfer?

Mohawk Valley Community College's transfer equivalency site is intended as a guide for our prospective students and is continually updated with new equivalencies as they are determined.

The information on our TES system is provided as a guide to how previous college credit work may transfer to MVCC. Please note: There may be some programmatic variations in how some transfer credit is applied. Final determination of transfer credit acceptance is ultimately made by the Dean of your Academic Center.  You must provide official transcripts of all completed coursework in order for transfer credit to be applied.


I have read the above statements, and I am ready to see how my courses can transfer into MVCC!

To see all the courses listed for all the years, click on the "VIEW ALL" when you select the school you would like to view!

If you are interested in seeing how your courses can transfer out of MVCC to another institution.

SUNY Transfer Appeal Process

If you do not agree with Mohawk Valley Community College's decision on the granting or placement of credit that you earned at a prior SUNY institution, you have the right to submit an appeal to either Dr. Richard Quest, Dean of the Rome Campus, or Dr. Maryrose Eannace, Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs.

While each campus has a slightly different transfer appeal process, you should be prepared to provide reasonable material to support your case, such as the course description or syllabus in question. The campus transfer representative will explain the process to you and let you know exactly what materials are needed.

Once all of the required information is received, the expectation is that the transfer appeal representative will provide you with a written response within 15 business days. If the decision finds merit to change the course to meet a major requirement, the representative will notify you, the chairperson and/or program coordinator, and will see that the change is made to your student record.

If the decision is unchanged, or you have not received a response in 15 business days, you may take your appeal to the SUNY System Provost by submitting the Student Transfer Appeal Form along with requested materials.

The SUNY Provost will respond to your appeal within five business days from receipt of the completed appeal application. If the decision finds merit to change the course to meet a major requirement, the receiving institution will be notified to take appropriate action.