Transfer Students | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
skip to main content
Adjust Font Size

Transfer Students

Transferring into MVCC

Applicants transferring to MVCC from other regionally accredited institutions or providing documentation of appropriate instruction may receive whole or partial credit for college courses completed. Acceptance of transfer credits is the prerogative of the appropriate academic center designee. Transfer students are responsible for sending an official academic transcript from each college where credit is being requested. MVCC will accept a minimum grade equivalent to 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.

Transfers should send an official transcript for each college from which transfer credit is being requested. If no transfer credit is being requested and/or transcripts are not available, you still must report yourself as a transfer for Financial Aid purposes.

Note: Applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution need not supply a copy of their high school transcript, diploma, or GED. However, on your application, please list: high school name, address and graduation date, or GED and completion date. 

If you are applying for Nursing, we ask that you do submit your high school transcript if you took Regent Chemistry.


All official documents should be sent to the Admissions Office on the Utica Campus:

Admissions Office
Mohawk Valley Community College
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, N.Y. 13501

Matriculated students may be permitted to transfer credit back from other colleges to complete an MVCC degree provided prior written approval is obtained from their academic department head. A minimum 25% of required program credits must be completed at MVCC.

Students who need to make up deficiencies in quality point requirements and lack no more than two (2) courses, with a maximum of nine (9) credit hours, may complete a degree by taking or repeating courses at another college. In these cases, grades and quality points may be transferred with prior written approval of the academic department head.

Applicants seeking transfer credit for academic work completed in a foreign educational system should contact the International Admissions Advisor for direction.