CLICK BELOW FOR INFORMATION ABOUT
THE 2017 NYSTAA SCHOLARSHIP!
University Partners & Transfer Center Events
- SUNY Buffalo State College Advisor-In-Residence (9/26 10:30AM to 2:00PM)
Sep 26, 2018, 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM Location: AB lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about Buffalo State College and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- The College at Brockport (SUNY) Visit (10/25 11:00AM to 1:00PM)
Oct 25, 2018, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Location: AB Lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about The College at Brockport (SUNY) and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- The College at Brockport (SUNY) Visit (11/5 11:00AM to 1:00PM)
Nov 5, 2018, 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Location: ACC 102 This is your opportunity to meet 1:1 with an admissions representative from The College at Brockport (SUNY)! Learn ore about their programs, admissions process and how they can help you meet your academic goals! Appointments encouraged!
- SUNY Plattsburgh Visit (11/12 9:00AM to 4:00PM)
Nov 12, 2018, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Location: ACC 102 This is your opportunity to meet 1:1 with an admissions representative from SUNY Plattsburgh! Learn ore about their programs, admissions process and how they can help you meet your academic goals! Appointments encouraged, walk-ins accepted.
- SUNY Plattsburgh Visit (11/12 9:00AM to 4:00PM)
Nov 12, 2018, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Location: ACC 102 This is your opportunity to meet 1:1 with an admissions representative from SUNY Plattsburgh! Learn ore about their programs, admissions process and how they can help you meet your academic goals! Appointments are encouraged and can be made by calling 315-731--5847 ot stopping in the University Partners & Transfer Center in ACC 102.
University Partners & Transfer Center
The University Partners & Transfer Center is dedicated to assisting new and continuing students discover their career and educational goals. We strive to help students with difficult decisions by offering programs and assistance related to transfer preparation and the transfer process. We realize that transfer planning can be quite complex, so we strive to help students find their way through the process.
Our center has dedicated full-time professionals who offer various services to assist with the process of transferring. These services include:
- Transfer Information Sessions
- Transfer Fairs (one each Semester)
- A Transfer Resource Library
- Instant Admit Days
- Articulation Agreements
- Advisor-In-Residence Visits
- Individual Transfer Counseling
- Application Assistance
- College Searches
- Guidance in selecting a transfer school
Mission for the University Partners & Transfer Center:
The University Partners & Transfer Center fosters a supportive environment that assists students with their journey of self-exploration and provides students with the ability to make a successful transition. Through this philosophy we work to empower students to develop comprehensive educational and lifelong career goals that are aligned with each student’s individual values to promote student success.
Vision for the University Partners & Transfer Center:
The University Partners & Transfer Center strives to inspire student potential through the elimination of barriers induced by limitations of knowledge and experiences. Through exploration and reflection, we hope to enable students to look within themselves to uncover hidden potential in order to thrive in a globally diverse society.
Suggested Steps for Transferring
- Visit the University Partners & Transfer Center located in ACC 102 and make an appointment with one of our dedicated transfer professionals.
- Identify your career path. Learn how your major relates to your career goal. Make an appointment with our Career counselor.
- Research schools that have the major(s) that you are interested in.
- Make your academic advisor aware of your long term goals so they can better assist you.
- Visit with transfer college representatives when they visit MVCC. Transfer Fairs are usually held in October and April. Learn about prerequisites that you can complete before transferring.
- Examine specific transfer agreements we currently have with many four-year colleges.
- Begin saving all college course outlines and class syllabi.
- Become involved in campus activities.
- Visit potential transfer colleges at Transfer Open House Programs (check college website for dates, information, registration, etc.).
- Begin more in-depth research of transfer colleges.
- Email or write to colleges to obtain information, catalogs, applications, etc.
- Complete your research process of transfer schools.
- Apply to at least 3-5 transfer colleges.
- Keep detailed records of all contacts, and make copies of all documents you send.
- Apply early! Don't miss important deadlines for scholarships or competitive transfer programs.
- Apply online (if applicable). Seek assistance with your application from our dedicated transfer professionals.
- Apply for MVCC Scholarships, if eligible.
- Obtain all supporting documents and send to your college of choice. (High school transcript, official college transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, AP/CLEP test scores.)
- January — submit FAFSA to be considered for federal need or merit-based programs. If attending a NYS school, make sure to fill out your TAP application as well.
- All documents for financial aid usually need to be submitted by March 1 for the next academic year.
- Don't assume because you did not qualify for financial aid at MVCC that you won't qualify for aid at your transfer institution. Check with your transfer school financial aid office for deadlines and other pertinent information.
- Follow up promptly on all requests for additional information.
- Bring transfer questions to the University Partners & Transfer Center.
- Send in deposits. Apply for housing early if planning on living on campus!
- Don't forget to send in your final transcript with degree posted from MVCC to your transfer school.
- Try to attend summer transfer orientation and registration (bring MVCC catalog and course outlines of classes you have taken).
- Submit your health documents early (proof of immunizations can be forwarded from MVCC's health office).
- Enjoy your new college and have fun!
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (Mon-Fri)
Walk-Ins welcomed, appointments preferred.
Coordinator of University Partnerships & Transfer Center
Transfer Success Advisor
The University Partners & Transfer Center is thankful for the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, Inc and their generous financial support of our center.