SUNY Transfers | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
skip to main content
Adjust Font Size


SUNY Transfers

Since MVCC is a part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, your transfer process to a four-year SUNY institution can be smooth as long as you plan ahead and stay on course! This page will provide you with almost everything you will need to make your transfer process smooth and painless. If you have any questions, problems, or issues, please contactour Assistant Director of Career & Transfer Services or stop by and make an appointment in ACC 102 (Temporary location: AB 239)

School Logos

SUNY Online Application--Use this application to apply to any of the 64 SUNY Institutions

**NOTE: SUNY waives the application fee for up to four SUNY college choices if you graduate from a SUNY two-year college.  You must apply directly to SUNY four-year colleges for Bacculaureate programs. Just make sure you indicate on your application that you have (or will) earn as Associates degree and mark the "Transfer Fee Waiver" option on the payment portion of the application site**

SUNY Transfer Site-- SUNY Transfer Website that lists transfer policies, transfer paths, transfer steps, and other important information to assist you in making your transfer process smooth!

Map of SUNY Campuses --Want to know where certain campuses are across New York State? Click on the link to view an interactive map of all 64 Colleges and Universities.


FAFSA Codes for SUNY Campuses --List of the FAFSA Campus Identification codes needed for your FAFSA Application for all the SUNY campuses.


SUNY CEEB Codes -- List of CEEB codes for SUNY Institutions. These codes will be useful to send SAT Scores, AP Scores, and other documentation needed for admission.


High School CEEB Code Finder -- Search for your High School CEEB code that will be necessary for your College Application(s).

SUNY Transfer Guarentee Program:

“An opportunity to continue full-time study at a four-year State University college is guaranteed to all New York residents who transfer directly from a SUNY or CUNY two-year college with an AA or AS degree. The transfer guarantee becomes effective if you are denied admission at all of your SUNY four-year college choices.

To be eligible you must: File your application with the ASC by March 1 for fall admission, and by October 1 for spring admission. Provide four-year campuses with an official two-year college transcript, showing three semesters of completed studies, by March 15 for fall admission, and by October 15 for spring admission. Complete all required supplemental application materials by April 15 for fall admission, and by November 15 for spring admission.

Although campus choice and academic program are not guaranteed, SUNY staff will work one-on-one with each Transfer Guarantee candidate to determine how the applicant can be best served given campuses and programs that are open and suitable.”