What is NYSTAA?
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the mobility of transfer students in higher education and professional development of NYSTAA members serving the needs of transfer students. Membership is open to professionals involved with the transfer process who work for any Middle States accredited higher education institution within New York State. Associate membership is available to individuals working in higher education outside New York State.
NYSTAA Scholarship Definition
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association Scholarship is a monetary award given to recipients graduating with associate’s degrees from New York State member two-year colleges and transferring to New York State member four-year institutions.
NYSTAA will be awarding four (4) scholarships valued at $2,000 each
Guidelines for applying
• Have completed an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science December 2017, May 2018 or August 2018 from a two-year member college*
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
• Apply and plan on immediately attending a four-year member institution*
• Complete the application and present all required criteria
*For a list of member institutions visit the NYSTAA web site at www.nystaa.org and select Member Institutions under the Membership option along the top. Note: Only New York State member colleges/universities qualify.
Please provide the following:
• Completed scholarship application which can be obtained by visiting http://www.nystaa.org/transfer-scholarship/ (if you need access to a computer, stop by ACC 102 on the Utica Campus or PC 102 on the Rome Campus)
• UNOFFICIAL transcripts uploaded into the online application (if you need help, stop by ACC 102 on the Utica Campus or PC 102 on the Rome Campus)
• One letter of recommendatin from a college administrator of faculty member emailed by them to NYSTAAScholarshipCommittee@gmail.com
Deadline for Applications:
Deadline is March 15, 2018!
For more information about the NYSTAA Scholarship, please contact either the NYSTAA Scholarshop Committee Co-Chairs: Gregory Diller, SUNY Cortland; Darlene Poirier, SUNY Albany; or Michael Henningsen, MVCC, Assistant Director, Career & Transfer Services at (315) 731-5808.
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (Mon-Fri)
Walk-Ins welcomed, appointments preferred.
Coordinator of University Partnerships & Transfer Center
Transfer Success Advisor