What is NYSTAA?
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the mobility of transfer students in higher education and professional development of NYSTAA members serving the needs of transfer students. Membership is open to professionals involved with the transfer process who work for any Middle States accredited higher education institution within New York State. Associate membership is available to individuals working in higher education outside New York State.
NYSTAA Scholarship Definition
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association Scholarship is a monetary award given to recipients graduating with associate’s degrees from New York State member two-year colleges and transferring to New York State member four-year institutions.
NYSTAA will be awarding four (4) scholarships valued at $2,000 each
Guidelines for applying
• Have completed an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science December 2016, May 2017 or August 2017 from a two-year member college*
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
• Apply and plan on immediately attending a four-year member institution*
• Complete the application and present all required criteria
*For a list of member institutions visit the NYSTAA web site at www.nystaa.org and select Member Institutions under the Membership option along the top. Note: Only New York State member colleges/universities qualify.
Please provide the following:
• Completed scholarship application which can be obtained by visiting http://www.nystaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/NYSTAA-Scholarship-Application.pdf or by stopping by University Partners & Transfer Center in AB 239 or the Student Services Center on the Rome Campus.
• Official transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress (if applicable)
• One signed official letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member
Deadline for Applications:
Deadline is March 1, 2017!
Please submit your completed application with supporting documents to:
Bryant and Stratton College, 953 James Street Syracuse, NY 13203, Attention: Melissa Moore
Attach the application and supporting documents and email them to:
Melissa Moore at email@example.com
NOTE: Your transcript MUST be sent via the mail. Do not attach a transcript electronically as it is not considered official.
For more information about the NYSTAA Scholarship, please contact either the NYSTAA Scholarshop Committee Chair Melissa Moore at MMoore@bryantstratton.edu or Michael Henningsen, Assistant Director, Career & Transfer Services at Mhenningsen@mvcc.edu or (315) 731-5808.
Walk-Ins welcomed, Appointments preferred
Career & Transfer Services
Transfer Success Advisor
First In The World
& Transfer Center
University Partners & Transfer Center
Alumni College Center, Rm. 102
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
Phone: (315) 731-5847