University Partners & Transfer Center Events
- Utica College Instant Admit Day (3/27 9:00AM to 3:00PM)
Mar 27, 2018, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Location: ACC 102-University Partners & Transfer Center Are you interested in transferring to Utica College for Fall 2018? Would you learn to learn of your acceptance immediately? If so, this event is for you!
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute (3/28 9:00AM to 3:00PM)
Mar 28, 2018, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Location: ACC 102 (University Partners & Transfer Center) This is your opportunity to learn more about SUNY Poly and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Come meet one-on-one with Brittany and ask your questions!
- Keuka College-ASAP ROME CAMPUS (4/9 10:30AM to 12:30PM)
Apr 9, 2018, 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Location: Rome Campus--PC Atrium This is your opportunity to learn more about Keuka College-ASAP Program and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute (4/11 9:00AM to 3:00PM)
Apr 11, 2018, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Location: ACC 102 (University Partners & Transfer Center) Are you interested in transferring to SUNY Poly for Fall 2018? Would you learn to learn of your acceptance immediately? If so, this event is for you!
- Excelsior College Advisor-In-Residence (4/11 10:00AM to 2:00PM)
Apr 11, 2018, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: AB lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about Excelsior College and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process! For more information about Excelsior College, please visit: http://www.excelsior.edu/admissions
What is NYSTAA?
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the mobility of transfer students in higher education and professional development of NYSTAA members serving the needs of transfer students. Membership is open to professionals involved with the transfer process who work for any Middle States accredited higher education institution within New York State. Associate membership is available to individuals working in higher education outside New York State.
NYSTAA Scholarship Definition
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association Scholarship is a monetary award given to recipients graduating with associate’s degrees from New York State member two-year colleges and transferring to New York State member four-year institutions.
NYSTAA will be awarding four (4) scholarships valued at $2,000 each
Guidelines for applying
• Have completed an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science December 2017, May 2018 or August 2018 from a two-year member college*
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
• Apply and plan on immediately attending a four-year member institution*
• Complete the application and present all required criteria
*For a list of member institutions visit the NYSTAA web site at www.nystaa.org and select Member Institutions under the Membership option along the top. Note: Only New York State member colleges/universities qualify.
Please provide the following:
• Completed scholarship application which can be obtained by visiting http://www.nystaa.org/transfer-scholarship/ (if you need access to a computer, stop by ACC 102 on the Utica Campus or PC 102 on the Rome Campus)
• UNOFFICIAL transcripts uploaded into the online application (if you need help, stop by ACC 102 on the Utica Campus or PC 102 on the Rome Campus)
• One letter of recommendatin from a college administrator of faculty member emailed by them to NYSTAAScholarshipCommittee@gmail.com
Deadline for Applications:
Deadline is March 15, 2018!
For more information about the NYSTAA Scholarship, please contact either the NYSTAA Scholarshop Committee Co-Chairs: G. Diller, SUNY Cortland; D. Poirier, SUNY Albany; or M. Henningsen, MVCC, Assistant Director, Career & Transfer Services at (315) 731-5808.
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (Mon-Fri)
Walk-Ins welcomed, appointments preferred.
Career & Transfer Services
Transfer Success Advisor
First In The World
& Transfer Center