University Partners & Transfer Center Events
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute (3/27 9:00AM to 3:00PM)
Mar 27, 2019, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Location: ACC 102 (University Partners & Transfer Center) This is your opportunity to learn more about SUNY Poly and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Come meet one-on-one with Brittany and ask your questions!
- SUNY Oneonta (3/27 10:00AM to 2:00PM)
Mar 27, 2019, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: ACC 102 Have you thought about transferring to SUNY Oneonta? Have you applied but have questions? Are you interested in just learning more about Oneonta? If so, come meet individually with a transfer representative from SUNY Oneonta’s Admissions!
- Rochester Institute of Technology (3/28 9:30AM to 11:30AM)
Mar 28, 2019, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM Location: AB Lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about Rochester Institute of Technology and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
- Utica College Instant Admit Day (4/9 9:00AM to 3:00PM)
Apr 9, 2019, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Location: ACC 102 Are you interested in transferring to Utica College for Fall 2019? Would you learn to learn of your acceptance immediately? If so, this event is for you!
- Cazenovia College (4/9 11:00AM to 2:00PM)
Apr 9, 2019, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: AB Lobby This is your opportunity to learn more about Cazenovia College and the different transfer opportunities available to you! Learn about possible transfer programs, scholarships, and the admissions process!
What is NYSTAA?
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the mobility of transfer students in higher education and professional development of NYSTAA members serving the needs of transfer students. Membership is open to professionals involved with the transfer process who work for any Middle States accredited higher education institution within New York State. Associate membership is available to individuals working in higher education outside New York State.
NYSTAA Scholarship Definition
The New York State Transfer and Articulation Association Scholarship is a monetary award given to recipients graduating with associate’s degrees from New York State member two-year colleges and transferring to New York State member four-year institutions.
NYSTAA will be awarding six (6) scholarships valued at $1,000 each
Guidelines for applying
• Have completed an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science by December 2018, or anticipate said degree in May 2019 or August 2019 from a two-year member college*
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
• Apply and plan on immediately attending a four-year member institution*
• Complete the application and present all required criteria
*For a list of member institutions visit http://www.nystaa.org/institution-directory/. Note: Only New York State member colleges/universities qualify.
Please provide the following:
• Completed scholarship application which can be obtained by visiting http://www.nystaa.org/transfer-scholarship/ (if you need access to a computer, stop by ACC 102 on the Utica Campus or PC 102 on the Rome Campus)
• UNOFFICIAL transcripts uploaded into the online application (if you need help, stop by ACC 102 on the Utica Campus or PC 102 on the Rome Campus)
• One letter of recommendation from a college administrator of faculty member emailed by them to NYSTAAScholarshipCommittee@gmail.com
Deadline for Applications:
Deadline is March 19, 2019!
For more information about the NYSTAA Scholarship, please contact either the NYSTAA Scholarshop Committee Co-Chairs: Gregory Diller, SUNY Cortland; Darlene Poirier, SUNY Albany; or Michael Henningsen, MVCC, Coordinator, Universtiy Partners & Transfer Center at (315) 731-5847.
8:30 am- 5:00pm (Mon-Thurs)
8:30am-4:30 pm (Fridays)
Walk-Ins welcomed, appointments preferred.
Coordinator of University Partnerships & Transfer Center
Transfer Success Advisor
Part-Time Transfer Specialist