Non-SUNY Transfer | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
skip to main content
Adjust Font Size


Non-SUNY Transfer

Just because you are attending a SUNY Community College does not mean you cannot transfer to a private (Non-SUNY) institution. Many of our students transfer to non-SUNY schools. The transfer process is relatively the same, as long as you plan a head and read the admission criteria very carefully! Every private school can require different things. Below you will find some very useful links to help you on your transfer path. If you should have any questions, problems, or issues, please contact our Assistant Director of Career & Transfer Services.

  • NYS Private Institutions --Information about the Private Colleges and Universities located in NYS.
  • Common Application --This application is accepted at over 400 Colleges and Universities across the United States.
  • CEEB Code Finder --Allows you to find the CEEB Code for the institution you are applying for. These codes will be useful to send SAT Scores, AP Scores, and other documentation needed for admission.
  • High School CEEB Code Finder -- Search for your High School CEEB code that will be necessary for your College Application(s).
  • College Board --Site allows you to research colleges, compare programs at different colleges, find estimated cost of attendance, etc.
  • FAFSA -- Remember to update your FAFSA with the CEEB code of the colleges you are applying to. Also, if you are a NYS Resident and applying to a NYS school, make sure you fill out your TAP Application after your FAFSA form.