College Connection program
MVCC offers opportunities for high school juniors and seniors to receive college credit as part-time college students.
Through College Connection, high school students who are recommended to do so by their school counselors may take courses on the college campus nearest their high school.
School counselors work closely with the Office of Engagement and Leadership to select courses that are highly transferable to the college of choice or in getting a head start on a degree at MVCC.
High school students who qualify will be financially responsible for a student activity fee, technology fee, lab fees, health center fees and book purchases.
- GPA of B/80/3.0 or higher
- Recommendation to participate by school counselor
College Connection Procedures
- The student must meet first with their High School Counselor so that School Counselor can confirm that the student meets the qualifications.
- The student then must sign up to take the MVCC Placement Test. Once on the Placement Testing webpage, students will select “schedule a Placement test” and then register for one of the dates. Results will be given to the Student Engagement and Auxiliary Services Associate, who will then forward results and recommendations to the High School Counselor.
- Student will meet with their School Counselor, who will assist the student in searching for a course to take at MVCC. If the School Counselor and student need assistance in selecting a course they can contact the Student Engagement and Auxiliary Services Associate who will provide advisement at that time.
- Once a course has been selected, the School Counselor will then complete the High School Program Registration form and the student and parent will sign. (All areas must be complete including CRN, Course Name, semester student plans to attend, etc. If the form is incomplete it will be returned to the Guidance Office to seek out the missing information).
- Current copy of the student’s transcript, MMR record and the completed High School Programs Course Selection Form should then be emailed to the office of Student Engagement and Leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Student Engagement and Auxiliary Services Associate will then forward the form to the registrar’s office to ensure student is enrolled in the proper course.
- Students will be mailed a registration printout that lists information about the course he/she has selected and also receive a billing statement.
- During the semester the student can access support services on the MVCC campus including advisement through the Engagement and Leadership Office (ACC 208).
For the College Connection Brochure, please go to College Connection Brochure.