Announcements for Students
Writing Lab - It's Your Resource
Welcome to all new and returning students to MVCC! Kristen Raab, the full-time Writing Tutor, would like you to take this time and see what services the Writing Lab can offer you throughout the semester.
- Tutoring services are free!
- We are located in AB151 and IT131 in Utica. PC117 is our new Rome location.
- Use our online system to sign up for a tutoring session. Here is the link: http://tutoring.mvcc.edu:81/Default.aspx
- Appointments are preferred, but we will take walk-ins when we do not have other students or commitments.
- AB151 is open Monday-Thursday 8-7, Friday 8-4, Saturday 10-2, and Sunday 2-6.
- Kristen's tutoring hours: Monday 8:30-12 and 1-4; Tuesday 8-12 and 1-3; Wednesday 8:30-12 and 1-4:30; Thursday 8:30-12 and 1-3; and Friday 8:30-12 and 1-4.
The full schedule of tutors should be available by the end of next week. Find it on our website, or stop in for a copy.
How can we help you?
- Help with brainstorming, developing a thesis, and reviewing rough drafts.
- The Writing Lab cannot provide content help for courses besides English, but can offer advice on organization, grammar, citations, and more.
- Writing is a process; give yourself enough time to revise your papers.
- Provides assistance with study skills, research, and citations.
- The staff will not write for you, but we will be there to encourage and guide you.
- Check out our handouts on grammar, test taking, college writing, and more!
- Staff members cannot help with exams or graded homework exercises without written permission from your instructor.
- Students may study or work on papers independently in the Learning Center.
We look forward to seeing you!