Announcements for Students
Free Writing Lab Assistance
The Learning Center welcomes new and returning students to MVCC. Our writing tutors are here to help you. If you have to write it, we want to read it!
• Tutoring services are free!
• You must now sign up using our online system. Visit http://www.mvcc.edu/learning-center/tutor-appointments-online or, from any lab computer on campus, click the "I Need a Tutor" icon.
• Appointments are preferred; walk-ins are welcome.
• We are located in AB151, IT131 and JC110 in Utica. PCL43 is our Rome location.
• AB151 is open Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m., and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• The schedule that includes part-time writing tutor hours will be available soon.
• The full-time writing tutor's hours are: Monday, 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m., Tuesday 8 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m., and Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m.
• Come in at any stage of your writing process, including brainstorming, developing a thesis, and reviewing rough drafts. Writing is a process, so give yourself enough time to revise your papers.
• Our tutors help with study skills, time management, research, and citations.
• We cannot help with exams or graded homework exercises.
• We have handouts on a variety of topics.
• Students may study independently in the Learning Success Center.