Health Center FAQ | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
skip to main content
Adjust Font Size

Health Center FAQ

Where Can I Get My Health Records (MMR's)?

In NYS, as in most other states, MMR’s are required to attend Public Schools. A good place to start your search is your High School. Your pediatrician or present physician may have records of your immunizations.

If you attended another New York State college you should have submitted these records also. If you have ever received services at a public health clinic, your county's Public Health Department may still have record of them.

Those who have been honorably discharged from the Military within the past 10 years may be eligible for a Service exemption.  A copy of your honorable discharge and a request to the Military requesting your records is required to obtain this exemption.  Please see the student Health Center for assistance. The Military has forwarded us a form which may be filled out by our Veterans to assist them in obtaining their records.  Please see the Student Health Center staff on the Utica Campus.  The Student Affairs office on the Rome Campus will be glad to assist you.


Back to top
What If I Can't Locate My Health Records?

If you cannot locate your records through one of the previous avenues you have two options:

  • Receive the vaccinations again.  Please keep in mind, if you need both vaccinations they must be at least 28 days apart.
  • Get a titer test to show proof of immunity.  You will need a prescription from your doctor for a titer, or blood test, which will show your immunity to a disease.  You must test positive to satisfy NYS requirements.
Back to top
What If I Get Sick?

The College Registered Nurse has nursing hours 9 am - 1 pm and 2 pm - 4 pm. However, if you are very sick or it is an emergency, you may come in at any time. Health Center office hours are from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.

Physicians hours - Wednesday from 9 am - 11am.  in the Health Center.  Walk in's welcome.

The Health Center has a listing of local emergency and urgent care centers.  


Back to top
Do I need to fill out an incident report for this injury?

All injuries or incidents require an incident report within 24 hours of the event.

Back to top
Do you give flu shots in the Health Center?

No, but we do host open flu shot clinics each Fall.  Watch for notices.

Back to top
Can I come in to the Health Center and have my blood pressure taken?

Yes.  Nurse’s hours are 9 am - 1 pm and 2 - 4 pm, Monday through Friday.  Exceptions for any emergencies, of course.

Back to top
Can I have a physical other than a sports physical by the doctor?

No, sports physicals only.

Back to top
What day and time does the doctor arrive?

The doctor's hours are from 9 a.m. - 11a.m. on Wednesday morning.  Please arrive 30 minutes earlier if possible.  However, walk-ins are welcome.  Please sign up in advance for sports physicals by stopping in the Health Center or calling 792-5452.

Back to top
Is there a charge to see the doctor?

No, there is no charge.

Back to top
Can I see the nurse?

Yes.  Nurse may see students between 9 am - 1 pm and 2 - 4 pm  daily.

   Exception:  Emergencies will be seen at any time.



Back to top
One thing we wish people knew about the Health Center?

Students and staff are welcome in the Health Center.

Back to top