MVCC Dining FAQ | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
skip to main content
Adjust Font Size


What are Hawk Dollars?

Hawk Dollars adds flexibility to your dining options in the form of a declining balance and is yours to spend like cash at all dining locations. As a student, you save on sales tax and receive a 10% BONUS on deposits of $50 or more. Hawk Dollars carry over from the Fall to Spring semester and expire on the last day of the Spring Semester.

Back to top
How can I reload my Hawk Dollars?

Hawk Dollars can be reloaded at anytime during the semester and is done in the MVCC Dining Services Office located in ACC 105. Payments must be done in cash or credit/debt at the time of purchase.

Back to top
Where can I eat on Campus?

There are many locations where students can dine on campus:  The Hawks Nest (Resident Dining Hall), MV Commons Snack Bar featuring Wholly Habanero, The Pizza Joint, and The Grill.  We also have Sammies soup and sandwich shop that is open later to accommodate your night classes so you don't miss a meal.

Back to top
What and Where is the Resident Dining Hall?

The Resident Dining Hall is an all you care to eat dining hall and is located in the Alumni College Center.

Back to top
Who can eat in the Resident Dining Hall?

The Resident Dining Hall is open to residents, commuters and faculty. Cash, credit and meals plan are accepted.

Back to top
What are the hours of operation?

Resident Dining Hall
Located in the Alumni College Center is open Monday-Friday
Breakfast  7:30am-9:00am
Lunch        11:00am-1:15pm   Late Lunch  1:15pm-4:00pm
Dinner       4:30pm-7:00pm
Dining Hall closes at 6:30pm on Friday.

Saturday & Sunday
Brunch 11:00am-1:00pm
Dinner  4:30pm-6:30m

MV Commons Snack Bar
Located in the Alumni College Center
Monday-Thursday   7:30am-6:00pm
Friday                      7:30pm-3:00pm


Back to top
How do I sign up for a Meal Plan?

To purchase a dining plan, go to Auxiliary Services Office in Alumni College Center room 206. 

Back to top
Can I change my Meal Plan?

Dining plan changes can only be made during the first two weeks of the semester. Changes can be made by going to Auxiliary Services Office in ACC 206. 

Back to top
Who can I talk to if I have questions?

If you should have any questions, you can visit the MVCC Dining Services office located in ACC 105 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm) or call 315-792-5419.

Back to top
What are guest passes?

Platinum, Gold and Silver Meal Plans have 2 Guest Passes per semester. Students receive 2 each semester which allows them to bring a guest into the dining hall with them to eat. These can be used during any meal period.

Back to top