Ready for Your Community Event!
The most engaging and accomplished staff, faculty, and administrators at Mohawk Valley Community College are ready to visit your school, club, business or community organization to represent the College and share their expertise! And now, there's one central point of contact for scheduling speakers, making this service more convenient and timely than ever!
The Speakers' Bureau is part of MVCC's strategic commitment to creative partnerships and community engagement. Speakers are prepared to showcase a wide variety of interesting topics and are willing and ready to tailor their presentations to your group's needs.
Keynote speakers and sample topics include:
Director of Athletics and Assistant Dean of Life and Health Sciences
- History of Championships: Athletics at MVCC
- The Latest and Greatest on Hawks Athletics
- Health and Wellness at MVCC and In Our Community
Scott David Eaton, M.A., C.A.S.A.C.
Instructor/Department of Social Sciences and Public Services
M.A. in “Forensic Psychology: Applied Forensic Services”
- "Mind Hunting: Classifying the Monsters That Live Among Us:" The history of serial homicide, our continuing fascination with the people who commit these crimes, and the systems we use to classify them.
Professor of Political Science & History
- Community College: An Intergenerational Family Affair
- Developing A Culture of Excellence
- How MVCC Saved My Life
- MVCC and Returning Veterans
- Small Classrooms, Huge Results
Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs
- Sharing the Stories: Narratives of Students, Faculty, and Alumni
- Confessions of a Convert: My Journey to Community College
- The Community College – Our Community's College
Director of Civic Responsibilities
- Overcoming Obstacles: Getting a College Education
- Mentoring Community College Students
- Rehabilitating Lives Through the College Experience
Other topics include:
- National Trends in Community College Students
- The Generative Gift: How MVCC Pays It Forward
- Individual Students and Their Stories
To arrange a speaker, contact Bill Dustin, Director of Events and Guest Services, at email@example.com or (315) 731-5840. The speakers profiled here are standing by and ready to join you for your community gathering. And as always, MVCC's faculty and staff stand ready to share on a wide variety of scholarly and technical topics. Call us at (315) 731-5840 to learn more.