Promotion Review Committee for Faculty
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the Promotions Review Committee for Faculty is to review all requests for promotion by faculty forwarded to the Committee by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs and to make recommendations for promotion at the College.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Committee Chair
Membership (length of term for members if applicable)
Seven (7) professors (excluding department heads) elected by the combined full-time constituents of the College for three (3) year terms.
Chair elected annually by committee
- Review and discuss Promotion Packets
- Recommend candidates for promotion
- Record recommendations on Promotion Packet Form
- Report of a general nature to the College Senate at least once a year and provide feedback and suggestions, as needed, on the promotion process.
- Make final decisions; discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission front and center
- Be creative and think big
- Think about what’s best for students
Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue