Excellence in Service for Part-Time Staff Award Committee
Purpose Statement: The purpose of each committee Part-Time Service is to insure the nomination, selection, recommendation, and documentation processes involved with each local award are carried out annually in a timely and effective manner.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Exec. Director – Org. Development
Nov. – Organizational Mtg.
Feb. – Prog. Calendar Announce
Early Mar. – Nomination Deadline
Mid-Apr. – Selection Deadline
Mid-May – Announce Recipients at Summer Institute
- 1 Faculty member
- 1 Representative from Student Services
- 1 Representative from Administrative Services
- 2 Representatives from Classified Staff
- 1 Student Representative
Elected terms of office will be for three (3) years.
- Coordinates announcement of award categories; sets nomination deadlines; collects nominations.
- Reviews submissions for all candidates; communicates with nominators to insure adequate information/data available to make an informed selection; makes annual award recommendation.
- Compiles, organizes, and writes final recommendation document; submits same to Exec. Director of Organizational Development and College President
- Make final decision regarding annual award recipient; communicate committee’s decision with anyone other than President or an appointed representative; discuss any part of the process or recommendation outside of the committee.
- Keep the College mission front and center
- Be open minded and fair to all involved in the process
- Think about what’s best for the institution
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue