Diversity and Global View Committee
Purpose: The purpose of the Diversity and Global View Committee is to oversee and assist in the implementation of the College’s commitment to diversity and a global view.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Committee Chair
(Total = 18)
- 1 Administrative Services representative
- 2 Student Affairs representative
- 1 Registrar or representative
- 1 Representative from Information Technology
- 1 Director of International Education
- 1 Hiring Advisory Board Committee member
- 1 Elected Non-teaching professional member (3 yr)
- 5 One faculty representative from each Center (dean appointed)
- 1 Appointed Classified member (1 yr)
- 1 Student government representative
- 1 Representative from the Rome campus
- 1 Representative from the Cultural Series Committee
- 1 Educational Technology representative
- Standing subcommittee of 3 DGV members for DGV event approval as they arise during the semester.
- Standing subcommittee of 3 DGV members to recommend DGV designation for courses to entire committee.
- Chair elected annually by the committee.
- Review procedures and activities associated with the implementation of the Diversity and Global View general education requirement.
- Serve as the College-wide group with primary responsibility for coordinating the effective assessment of student learning in the diversity and Global View area.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum, General Education, Art Infusion, Cultural Committees, Marketing and IT to ensure DGV infusion.
- Make recommendations to the full College Senate and the VPLAA for changes and refinements to the DGV requirements and activities.
- In addition to annual written reports, make periodic updates and recommendations to the College Senate and the VPLAA regarding committee actions.
- Make decisions; discuss personnel issues; discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Continually investigate new ideas to integrate and enrich DGV offerings.
- Communicate and share information with the other appropriate committees to coordinate related activities.