Academic Policies and Standards Committee
Purpose: The purpose of the Academic Policies and Standards Committee is to review and advise on matters pertaining to academic policy, to include academic standards.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Committee Chair
- 7 faculty (3-year terms):
- 5 elected (one per Center)
- 2 appointed by Senate Chair & President
- 1 Academic Dean (3 year term (odd)
- 1 Assistant Dean (3 year term (even)
- Registrar (ongoing)
- VPSA appointment (3 year term)
- Rome campus representative (Rome Dean appointment)
- Chair of CWCC
- Designee VPLAA (ongoing, non-voting)
- 1 student (Student Congress appointment, 1 year term)
- Make recommendations to the College Senate regarding matters of academic policies and standards
- Conduct research on the academic policies and standards practices of other community colleges to inform practice and procedure at MVCC
- Review and ensure accuracy of academic policies and standards statements in the College Catalog.
- Submit annual written reports to the College Senate and make meeting minutes available to the College community.
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Identify pathways and practices that maintain high academic standards and support student success
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue
- Coordinate information with curriculum and distance education committees