Academic Appeals Committee
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the Academic Appeals Committee is to review student academic appeals at the College by reviewing data for reinstatement to academic programs and make recommendations on those appeals.
Charter Sponsor: College Senate
Charter Contact: Committee Chair
- Total: 5 members
- 3 Teaching faculty appointed by the President for 1-year terms
- 2 Teaching faculty elected for 3-year terms by the full-time constituencies of the college
- Review appeals for reinstatement to the College.
- Make recommendations regarding appeal.
- Make final decisions regarding appeal.
- Keep the College mission front and center.
- Be open minded and fair to all.
- Think about what is best for students.
- Think about what is best for institution.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.