The SUNY Diversity Honors Scholarship is offered by the State University of New York (SUNY) to continue its commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse student body that reflects the population of the State of New York.
Spring 2023 applications are now open!
The SUNY Diversity Honors Scholarship Spring 2023 application is now open! The deadline to apply is Saturday, April 1, 2023.
To be eligible, a student:
- May be part- or full-time
- Must be enrolled in a degree program and have demonstrated high academic achievement (3.0 average)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a New York State resident
- Must contribute to the diversity of the student body in their program or MVCC, “primarily overcoming a disadvantage or other impediment to success in higher education,” according to SUNY guidelines.
Diversity indicators may include, but are not limited to:
- Economic disadvantage
- First-generation college student
- Adult learner
- Non-English-speaking background
- Underrepresented ethnic group
- Gender equity
- Family background
Please note that no single indicator will form the sole basis for the award. Each application will be evaluated on its own merit. Prior to disbursement of scholarships, selected students must have applied for TAP and Pell and may be required to document residency status.
- A completed and signed application.
- A letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, advisor, teacher, coach, etc. that can either be attached to the application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A copy of your high school or MVCC transcript (may be unofficial)
- A 500-word (minimum) essay on how you contribute to the diversity at MVCC.
Any questions about this scholarship can be directed to Dr. Todd Marshall.