The full-tuition Presidential Scholarship ensures that eligible students, who demonstrate outstanding scholastic aptitude, may attend MVCC without concern for the cost of resident tuition.
Since its inception in 1992, the Presidential Scholarship Fund has provided a tuition-free education to nearly 1,000 Oneida County students. These recipients have gone on to build very successful careers as CEOs, Doctors, Vice Presidents, and entrepreneurs.
- An applicant must have graduated in the top 10% of his or her high school class. Final class rank will be determined by the high school.
- Applicant must be an Oneida County resident who is a graduate of an Oneida County secondary school, OR an Oneida County resident who has graduated from a secondary high school outside of Oneida County, OR a resident from a contiguous county who has graduated from an Oneida County secondary school.
- Application must be made within one (1) year of graduating from high school.
- You must enroll on a full-time basis, taking a minimum of 12 credit hours and course work during each semester.
- You must apply yearly for TAP and PELL awards.
- Eligible students will receive a scholarship award of full resident tuition, less any aid received from TAP and up to $500 from PELL.
- A minimum "B" (3.0) Grade Point Average (GPA) must be maintained for each semester in attendance, to maintain the scholarship.
- As a Presidential Scholarship recipient, you have earned an invitation to apply for the Honors Program. Information and the application form may be found here.
- Eligibility for the MVCC Foundation Presidential Full Tuition Scholarship is limited to four consecutive semesters of attendance.
If you are interested in applying for the Presidential Scholarship, please contact MVCC's Office of Institutional Advancement for an official application at (315) 792-5555.