Francis A. Wilcox Memorial Presidential Scholarship
Mr. Francis A. Wilcox was a decorated U.S. veteran who served in World War II. After serving in the U.S. Army, he became an electrical engineer with General Electric in both Syracuse and Utica. After retirement, he volunteered at the Utica Public Library and the Oneida County Historical Society where he helped people from all corners of the United States research genealogy.
The Francis A. Wilcox Presidential Scholarship was established in his memory by his family. It is awarded to students who graduate in the top 10% of their high school class. This award provides up to four semesters of full tuition to MVCC.
Deadline to Apply: N/A
GPA: Top 10% of Oneida County high school graduates
Available to: First-year students
Duration: 1 year — may be renewed, up to 4 consecutive semesters
Availability: Incoming students
Amount Awarded: Full tuition, less financial aid (including up to $500 Pell)
- You must be an Oneida County resident who is a graduate of an Oneida County secondary school, OR
- An Oneida County resident who has graduated from a secondary high school outside of Oneida County within New York State, OR
- A resident from a contiguous county who has graduated from an Oneida County secondary school.
- An applicant is eligible to apply for the scholarship within one year following high school graduation.
- Must apply for admission to the College using the MVCC application for admission form.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at MVCC, taking a minimum of 12 credit hours during each semester.
- Must apply yearly for the PELL and TAP awards.
- Must maintain a minimum “B” (3.0) average for each semester in attendance to maintain the scholarship.
- Eligible students will receive a scholarship award of full resident tuition, less amounts awarded by PELL and TAP.
- Students who are selected as Francis A. Wilcox Presidential Scholarship recipients have earned an invitation to apply for the Honors Program. Information and the application form may be found at: www.mvcc.edu/honors.
- Eligibility is limited to four consecutive semesters of attendance.
Application Process: Contact Institutional Advancement in Payne Hall Room 220 for an Official MVCC Francis A. Wilcox Presidential Scholarship Application.
Selection by: Executive Director of Institutional Advancement