News & Releases
MVCC to host Summer Sports Camps
Jun 8, 2018
Mohawk Valley Community College will host several Summer Sports Camps this summer for youth and teens at the College’s Utica Campus, 1101 Sherman Drive. Camps include Baseball, Basketball, Softball, Soccer, and Speed & Agility, Strength, and Yoga. Preregistration is encouraged for all camps to ensure your camper’s spot. To register for any of the camps listed below, visit www.gomvhawks/information/camps.
- Boys Baseball Camp: Designed for ages 7 to 15, this camp will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday, July 16-20, at the Jorgensen Athletic and Event Center. A typical day will include team stretching, throwing progression, defensive position play, hitting, group instruction, and sandlot games with coaches. Campers will be placed in groups based on age. All campers should bring sneakers for indoor play in case of inclement weather, glove, water bottle, and lunch if not purchasing a meal plan. Campers may bring their own bat and helmet. There are several price options to choose from, and all include supplemental camp insurance and a camp T-shirt: The cost for one camper is $120 ($150 with lunch plan), two campers is $200 ($260 with lunch plan). For more information, contact MVCC Baseball Coach and Camp Director Dave Warren at 315-792-5674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boys’ Basketball Camp: Designed for ages 6 to 16, this camp will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 25-28. A typical day will include two full-court five-on-five games, three-on-three tournaments, one-on-one shooting tournaments, skills development, lectures/demonstrations, and shooting competitions. The cost of the camp is $115 per camper, and includes supplemental camp insurance, camp T-shirt, and a basketball. Prizes will be awarded on the last day of camp. Campers are asked to bring their own lunch, sneakers, shorts, and water bottle.
- Girls’ Basketball Camp: Designed for ages 6 to 16, this camp will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday, July 30-Aug. 2. A typical day will include individual skills development, team skills development, five-on-five games, three-on-three games, one-on-one games, shooting competitions, and camp contests. The cost of the camp is $115 per camper, and includes supplemental camp insurance, camp T-shirt, and a basketball. Each camper should bring their own lunch, sneakers, shorts, and water bottle.
- Junior Hawks Summer Basketball Camp: For boys and girls in kindergarten through fourth grade, this camp is designed to make learning basketball fundamentals fun for young players. It will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Monday-Thursday, July 9-12. Campers will be placed in age- and skill-appropriate groups to increase learning and interest in the sport. The camp will focus on skills instruction, and include games with coach point guards, small groups for individual instruction, age-appropriate contests, and team-building activities. The cost is $60 (if registered by July 1), and includes supplemental camp insurance and basketball jersey. Registration costs $70 after July 1.
For more information about any of the basketball camps, contact MVCC Men’s Basketball Coach and Camp Director Matt St. Croix at email@example.com or 315-792-5571.
- Boys and Girls Soccer Camp: Designed for ages 7 to 16, this camp will take place from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, June 25-29, at the College’s soccer field and Jorgensen Center Field House. This camp will offer technical, individual ball skills, and group and team tactics, with instruction for all ability levels. The camp is organized into three separate ability divisions for skill, tactic, and game sessions. It also will feature a Goal Keeper Camp with MVCC Men’s Soccer Coach Dominic DiMaggio and yoga instruction by certified yoga instructor Sherri Spina. Campers can choose to swim in the College pool from 12:30 to 1 p.m. if a parent or guardian can supervise. The cost of the Soccer Camp is $100 per camper, and includes an official stitched soccer ball and camp T-shirt. Campers should bring their own shin guards, soccer cleats, and water bottle. For more information, contact MVCC Women’s Soccer Coach and Camp Director Jim Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Softball All-Skills Day Camp: Designed for girls ages 8 to 18, this camp will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday, July 23-26, in the softball fields and Jorgensen Center Field House. The camp focuses on technical and tactical skills of the players, enabling individuals to begin preparation for the spring season in a contained, focused, and competitive environment. Pitching and catching sessions cover physical, technical, tactical, and psychological aspects of the positions, providing the developing pitcher or catcher with a total instructional program. Campers should bring their own snacks, lunch, sneakers, cleats, glove, helmet, bat, catchers gear, pitcher’s mask, and water bottle. The cost is $120, and includes a camp T-shirt. A $10 discount will be given to families with multiple attendees. Those who sign up before July 1 will get a 10 percent discount. For more information, contact MVCC Softball Coach and Camp Director Brittnee Mexico at 315-717-9000 or email@example.com.
Speed & Agility, Strength, and Yoga
- Speed & Agility, Strength, and Yoga Camp: Designed for co-ed students ages 13 and older looking to take their athletic ability to the next level, this camp will take place from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, July 23-27, in the MVCC fields and Jorgensen Center Field House. The camp will teach skills and techniques to improve the performance of students of all athletic backgrounds and help them gain an edge on the competition. The strength-training portion will feature workouts for students entering grades seven through college. Athletes will be monitored to assure that all movements are executed with proper form. The speed and agility portion will focus on body mechanics and proper technique. The yoga component will help students with their strength, balance, and flexibility, and a focus on mind-body connection. Athletes will learn and apply various yoga techniques to complement their training. The cost is $100 per camper, which includes a camp T-shirt. Campers should wear sneakers, bring indoor sneakers, cleats, and a water bottle. For more information, contact Camp Director Jim Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing & Communications
Payne Hall, Office 366
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, New York 13501
Telephone - 315.792.5330
FAX - 315.731.5856