National Library Week
Library games, videos and fun facts
National Library Week: Fun in the Library- from the Library and Learning Services at Rasmussen College
- Because the best search engine in the library is the Librarian.
- Because there are more than 14,400,000 search results for the 2016 Presidential election.
- Because the world is at their fingertips and the world can be a scary place.
- Because adding Minecraft to Curriculum may inspire more future engineers than mathematics alone.
- Because Fake News can have Real World consequences.
- Because students can't afford scholarly journals on a Ramen noodle budget.
- Because txt r fine, but, srsly, ppl also need 2 c real sentences.
- Because employers want candidates who know the difference between a web search and research.
- Because there is no single source for information (Sorry, Wikipedia).
- Because students who spend time reading over the summer, end up on the honor roll in the fall.
- Because punctuation without imagination makes a sentence, not a story.
Find out more reasons and how Libraries are Transforming.
Did you know...
- that you can check out a Box of Rocks or even a Box of Bones?!
- that databases can be used for more than just searching for articles?
- that there are databases that stream videos, have art images, statistical
information, and even info graphics?!
- that the Library has more than just books? We have Books on CD, Musical CDs,
Feature Film DVDs, and even Educational DVDs that you can check out.
- that when the library gets New Books, we have them on display in the Library lobby?