Marjorie Thorpe Memorial Award: In Recognition of Excellence in Research and Writing
Have you written a research paper for a course in the past 3 semesters?
The MVCC Libraries are sponsoring the
Annual Marjorie Thorpe Memorial Award
Students are encouraged to submit any research paper prepared for any MVCC course during the Summer
2016, Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 semesters.
Two $200.00 awards will be presented.
Entries must include:
- A cover sheet which includes:
- Student name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Semester in which the research paper was written
- Course name
- Instructor’s name
- Indicate citation style used to do your bibliography or works cited.
- A one page essay "Reflecting on the process of conducting research and steps taken in gathering information."
- A copy of your research paper
- Papers must be a minimum of 3 double-spaced typed pages
- Papers must include evidence of library research (minimum of at least 3 sources)
Entries will be judged on:
- Variety and quality of sources (30%)
- Writing Style (30%)
- Accurate and appropriate use of references (20%) - Form of citations in the bibliography and in the text
- One page essay (20%)