Writing Lab Resources
- MLA 8th Edition Citation Guide
- APA Citation Guide: Everything you ever wanted to know about APA style including reference page entry templates and samples, in-text citation rules, and step-by-step formatting guidelines.
- APA Formatting: Running Head Guide
- APA Video - visual step-by-step demonstration on how to create an APA running head in Word 2013
- APA sample paper: A psychology paper that showcases APA formatting guidelines and some common approaches to research-based academic writing.
- Chicago Notes and Bibliography Guide: This brief guide is based on the 16th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style and is appropriate for students of History.
- Chicago Author-Date Guide: This brief guide to the author-date system is based on the 16th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style and is appropriate for students of Anthropology.
- Comma Guide: Unravel the mysteries of comma usage one strange example at a time.
- Signal Phrase Guide: Learn how to integrate quotes without saying "according to" in every other sentence.
- Transitional Devices: Improve your writing's flow and readability with this categorized list of common transition words and phrases.
- Finding Scholarly Articles: Follow this illustrated step-by-step guide to find scholarly sources using the library's databases
- Library Database Search Tips: Learn how to use boolean operators and truncation to search library databases for scholarly articles more effectively.
- EN102 Audio: Listen to quality audio of commonly assigned stories, poems, and plays.
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, New York 13501
Telephone - 315.792.5517