skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Which countries are represented at MVCC?
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Japan, Cameroon, Russia, Bolivia, Vietnam, Korea, Kenya, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Ghana, Brazil, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Belarus, India, Nepal, Gambia, Germany, Canada, Norway, Sweden. Students from all countries are welcome at MVCC.

How do I get the Form I-20?
You will receive the Form I-20 when you have completed the international admissions process and have been accepted to MVCC as an international student.

Am I required to take the TOEFL Test for admission?
No, you are not required to take the TOEFL Test prior to admission at MVCC. You will be required to take an English placement test upon arrival to campus. This exam will place you in the appropriate classes for you level.

Whom do I contact for information?

Coordinator of Services for International Students
Mohawk Valley Community College
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
Telephone: 001.315.792.5350
Fax: 001.315.792.5527

Which Majors or Programs of Study are offered at MVCC?
View our Certificates and or Degrees. You can also check out our Academic Departments for additional information.

What if I don't have the required English Proficiency?
The College offers a complete academic course in English as a Second Language. MVCC also offers 4 levels of ESL to help improve the students English ability.

Is the College Safe?

  • The campus is set in a safe suburban atmosphere
  • Local homes and a grammar school in immediate area
  • The campus is equipped with security personnel to assist students
  • Campus Emergency Telephones available for student use
  • 24 hour dormitory and campus surveillance

Which Colleges can international students transfer to?
International Students can apply as a transfer student to their 4 year University or College of choice. As long as the student meets all admissions requirements they can transfer from Mohawk Valley Community College to their next University as a transfer student. There is a specialist on campus that will help students with transfer applications.

When should I submit my application for admission?
You should begin your admissions application at least 4-6 months before the anticipated start date. This will allow you adequate time to receive your Form I-20 and apply for a student visa.

Like Us On Facebook

Department Contact:

Sara Miller
Coordinator of Services for International Students
Phone: (001) 315.792.5350
Fax: (001) 315.792.5527

SKYPE anytime!

Skype Name: mvcc-internationalstudents