Residence Hall Academics
Living in the Residence Halls at MVCC is about learning. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education”, Martin Luther King Jr. This motto demonstrates the mission of the MVCC Residence Life experience; our hope that our students are able to achieve a solid education while developing life skills by living in the residence halls while attending classes. Our commitment to academics begins with our academic eligibility policy.
Resident Director – Academic Initiatives Concentration. This Resident Director promotes a learning environment for the students living in the residence halls.
CONTACT INFO: This position is available to any student who needs assistance. Generally, hours are 10 AM to 12 PM and 1PM to 5 PM Monday through Friday in the Bellamy Hall Office. We can assist students with acquiring a tutor, direct them to the learning commons, how to/when to facilitate communication with their professor, and/or assisting with contacting the advisors for scheduling classes each semester.
We look forward to helping you with ...
• Time management skills & goal achievement strategies
• Communicating workshop for reaching out to instructors & faculty
• Developing individual learning styles
• Introduction to campus resources
• Academic reading/writing, and notetaking
• How to prepare for midterm & final exam weeks
• Setting up class schedules
• Ways to stay motivated and healthy during resident life experiences
We encourage you to cheak out the academic calendar below; so you may become familiar with important dates throughout the semester.
RESIDENCE LIFE & HOUSING
Alumni College Center Room 208