What to Do
- E-mail your instructors as soon as possible. Instructor e-mails can be found in this link: http://www2.mvcc.edu/forms/edirectory/. In each e-mail, you should state how long the absence is expected to last. The instructor’s class absence policy will determine what effect the absence will have on your grade.
- When you return to class, please communicate with your instructor regarding any work you missed during the absence. You are held accountable for missed work.
- If you are unable to email your instructors due to hospitalization or major illness, you may contact the Health Center at 315-792-5452 and we will notify your instructors.
- If you have a doctor’s note supporting your absence or stating that you are allowed to return to class, you are encouraged to give a copy to each instructor upon your return.
- COMMUNICABLE ILLNESSES: If you are contagious, you should not attend class. The instructor’s class absence policy will determine what effect the absence will have on your grade.
- If your absence will be longer than a week, you should contact the Office of Accessibility Resources at 315-731-5702 for a consultation regarding whether or not a medical leave for the remainder of the semester would be in your best interest.
If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.