Class Absence Procedure
• E-mail your instructors as soon as possible. Instructor e-mails can be found in this link: http://www2.mvcc.edu/forms/edirectory/. In each e-mail, you should state how long the absence is expected to last. The instructor’s class absence policy will determine what effect the absence will have on your grade.
• When you return to class, please communicate with your instructor regarding any work you missed during the absence. You are held accountable for missed work.
• If you are unable to email your instructors due to hospitalization or major illness, you may contact the Health Center at 315-792-5452 and we will notify your instructors.
1. If you have a doctor’s note supporting your absence or stating that you are allowed to return to class, you are encouraged to give a copy to each instructor upon your return.
2. COMMUNICABLE ILLNESSES: If you are contagious, you should not attend class. The instructor’s class absence policy will determine what effect the absence will have on your grade.
3. If your absence will be longer than a week, you should contact the Office of Accessibility Resources at 315-731-5702 for a consultation regarding whether or not a medical leave for the remainder of the semester would be in your best interest.
If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com.
MVCC HEALTH CENTER
Alumni College Center Room 104
Cailee Guider, BSRN
Coordinator of the Health Center and College Nurse
Office Hours: M-F 8:30am-4:30pm
Nurse Hours: M-F 8:30am-1:00pm and 2:00pm-4:00pm
Plumley Complex 130