The purpose of the Integrated Advising Workgroup is to explore and make recommendations to improve the College's academic advisement system.
Academic and Student Affairs Leadership Team
Lewis Kahler, Stephanie Reynolds, Guided Pathways Steering Committee
Ongoing until final recommendations have been made
- Faculty Advisor (Standing): Shannon Crocker, Co-Chair
- Coordinator of Academic Advisement (Standing): Dawson McDermott, Co-Chair
- Associate Dean (Standing): Jim Roberts
- Associate Dean (Standing): Tim Thomas
- Associate Dean (Standing): Jennifer DeWeerth
- Completion Coach (Standing): Salina Billins
- Coordinator of Career Services (Standing): Liz Doherty
- Faculty Advisor (Standing): Christine VanNamee
- Faculty Advisor (Standing): Stacey McCall
- Faculty Advisor (Standing): Tia Locke
- Faculty Advisor (Standing): Rich Kelly
- Programmer Analyst IT (Standing): MaryJane Parry
|Research student advising models and best practices for retention and completion||Research|
|Explore options and models to maximize faculty and staff roles||Explore|
|Include assessment plans in the design of advising systems, policies, and procedures||Include|
|Consider student access, quality of student service, and student success||Consider|
|Identify strategies for communication with students||Identify|
|Identify needs for professional development and resources||Identify|
|Make recommendations about faculty advising role, rewards, and recognitions||Recommend|
|Make recommendations to the Academic and Student Affairs Leadership Team||Recommend|
- Make policy or personnel decisions
- Be creative.
- Keep an open mind, and not get stuck on “how we’ve always done it.”
- Maintain a mindset of abundance.
- Involve other staff, faculty, and students by asking for their input.
- Keep the student experience at the forefront.