The purpose of the Council for Initiative Analytics, formerly the Achieving the Dream (ATD) Data Team, is to coordinate college-wide data collection and analysis in support of efforts to increase student completion at the College that are related to the strategic plan.
Strategic Planning Council
Randall J. VanWagoner, President
Membership (length of term for members, if applicable)
- Director of Institutional Planning and Analysis Ex Officio (Standing) Chair: Marie Miknavich
- Member of Information Technology appointed by the President (Standing): Colleen Cornmire
- Member of Institutional Research appointed by the President (Standing): James Myers
- Member of Office of Records and Registration appointed by the President (Standing): Rosemary Spetka
- Member of Office of Records and Registration appointed by the President (Standing): Jim Sunderhaft
- Member of Academic Affairs appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2020): Jim Lynch
- Academic Dean appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2020): Julie Dewan
- Member of Financial Aid appointed by the Vice President of Student Affairs (2021): Mike Pede
- Member of Avising appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs (2021): Tracy Coulson
- Faculty At-Large elected (2021): Rosemary Mink
- Faculty At Large elected (2022): Sean Davis
- Faculty At Large elected (2022): Fumin Pan
|Serve as a resource for institutional level initiatives (for example, ATD)||Participate|
|Serve as a resource for the Student Success Council in their analysis of student success data related to the strategic plan||Coordinate analysis|
|Serve as a resource for the college in clarifying data needs and reviewing data findings. Help develop data presentations that are accessible to multiple audiences.||Communicate|
|Engage campus employees in discussions about potential drivers in the data (discussions about “why”)||Engage employees|
|Share and distribute data findings that may be of interest to the entire College||Communicate|
|Support the organizational capacity for digesting and using data by identifying ties between data and decision-making||Coordinate and prioritize|
|Flex membership as necessary||
- Make decisions
- Discuss personnel issues
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission front and center.
- Be creative and think big.
- Have patience with yourself, with others, and the College as a whole.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.
Updated October 2019