Thank you for your interest in scholarships at MVCC!
- An application must be submitted for all scholarships.
- You can download the scholarship application or obtain a copy at the Office of Institutional Advancement located in Payne Hall room 220.
- If you are currently a student at MVCC, your scholarship application must be accompanied by your most recent transcript, as well as a letter of recommendation from one of your instructors or advisors. If a faculty member wishes to forward a letter to us directly, please check with our office prior to the deadline to make sure it arrived.
- If you are a prospective student who plans to attend MVCC in the near future, please include your high school transcript plus a letter of recommendation from your high school principal or Guidance department.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship, as long as you meet the criteria.
- Any full tuition award is based on the current New York State resident tuition cost.
Each scholarship has a specific application deadline and criteria for eligibility, and some individual funds may require an essay, more than one faculty letter, or similar information to be included in your application. Please check the application deadline carefully before you apply to ensure you will have enough time to complete the process. Please also read the eligibility criteria carefully – if you have questions about the criteria, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at MVCC at the Utica Campus, 1101 Sherman Drive, Payne Hall room 220 or call (315) 792-5555. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please review scholarship criteria carefully, along with any restrictions on the use of scholarship proceeds. Some scholarships are administered as tuition credit, others as cash awards, and most are not transferable to other colleges.