University Partners and Transfer Center FAQ | MVCC | Mohawk Valley Community College
skip to main content
Adjust Font Size

University Partners & Transfer Center FAQ

Can I transfer without getting an Associate’s Degree?

Yes! Of course, there are some advantages to staying and getting an Associate’s degree before transferring!  Even if you decide to transfer without earning your associates degree from MVCC first, you may be able to still earn your associates degree through reverse transfer.

Back to top
I have heard the term "Reverse Transfer" a lot from different faculty & staff members. Can you tell me what that is?

Reverse Transfer is a process that allows you to earn your associates degree while working on completing your Bachelors degree after transferring.  You will want to work closely with the University Partners & Transfer Center who will help determine what the appropriate courses you will need to take to complete the requirement of your degree at MVCC.  It is important to note that you will still need to meet all graduation requirements.  For more information about reverse transfer, please visit:

Back to top
How do I get a copy of my Transcript sent to another institution?

The easiest way to have your transcript sent is to fill out the "Transcript Request Form" located within your SIRS account.  To access this, go to your academic records menu in SIRS and click "Request Official Transcript".  This will take you to our online form that you can fill out and submit.  Your very first transcript from MVCC is free, any additional transcripts will be $10.00.  Should you have questions about ordering your transcript, please contact

Back to top
The one thing we wish people really know about our office/department is:

We exist! While the message is getting out there, I am hearing from students that people are misguiding them in terms of transfer process, transfer credit etc.

Back to top
Is there a listing of different transfer events?

Yes!  We post all events (college visits, Advisor-in-Residence visits, Instant Admit days, College trips) on our website!  Please visit our website at and click on "Transfer Events" on the right hand side.

Back to top