Welcome to the Utica Campus
Utica Campus Contact:
Erica Carrock, Events Coordinator
1101 Sherman Drive, IT 106, Utica, NY 13501
Phone: (315) 731.5720 | Fax: (315) 731.5880
Dr. Michael I. Schafer Theater [IT]
The Dr. Michael I. Schafer Theater accommodates seating for 450 people [330 in lower level and an additional 120 in the balcony]. Located in the Information and Technology Building, the Dr. Michael I. Schafer Theater is an excellent venue choice for your next event.
- Tiered seating design for easy front of room view
- Two (2) backstage dressing rooms and two (2) backstage restrooms
- Backstage green room for relaxation prior to the "big show"
- Features an orchestra pit, fly system and state of the art lighting and sound
- Box office/coat room for ticketing and concessions
- Lobby for post-event receptions
Information Technology Lobbies [IT]
- Accommodates 200-300 people (both floors combined)
- 1st and 2nd Floor Lobbies are Easily Accessible from both the Dr. Michael I. Shafer Theater and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Conference Center Facilities
- Perfect for Post-Event Receptions and/or Registration Areas
- 1st Floor Lobby on entry and theater level
- 2nd Floor Lobby located outside the conference facilities
MVCC Commons/Snack Bar [ACC]
- Round Table Seating Accommodates 300 people
- Used Daily as the MVCC Snack Bar
- Features a Performance Stage that is 24" wide by 16" deep
- ATM, Payphones and Restrooms are located in the Commons Hallway
Alumni College Center Room 116 [ACC]
- Accommodates 90 people seated (round table seating)
- Accommodates 100 people seated (auditorium style/just chairs)
- Accommodates 150 people standing room-only
Information Technology Room 225 (Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield Conference Center) [IT]
- Accommodates 85 people seating
- Accommodates 100 people standing
- Adjoining Breakout Rooms(IT218 & IT220) for larger parties requesting additional event facilities
Information Technology Rooms 218 & 220 (Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield Conference Center) [IT]
- Accommodates 14 people within each room
- Boardroom Style Conference Arrangement
- Perfect for Small Business Meetings and Presentations
- Dry Erase White Board and Projection Screen for Easy Presentation Prep
- These rooms can be used in conjunction with IT225 or as individual conference rooms.
Payne Hall Room 102 [PH]
- Accommodates 120 people
- Tiered Seating Design for Easy Front of Room View
- Every Seat is Equipped with a Fold-A-Way Desk Top Work Station
Payne Hall Room 300 [PH]
- Easily accommodates groups of 25-30 in a comfortable professional setting
- Beautifully refurbished executive conference room
- Serves as a monthly meeting place for the MVCC Board of Trustees
- An ideal facility for business meetings, working lunches and small group receptions
Jorgensen Athletic and Event Center [JC]
MVCC offers one of the most extensive and diverse junior college intercollegiate athletic programs in the entire country. While some schools appear to focus on one or two sports, MVCC prides itself on the overall depth and well-roundedness of its entire athletic program.
The following facilities are available to off-campus groups:
- Racquetball courts
- Practice fields
- Free weight room
- Wrestling room
- Field House
Classrooms and Labs [AB, ACC, IT]
The MVCC campus houses many smart classrooms, computer labs, fine arts studios, graphic arts studios, and other educational facilities. These facilities are available to off-campus groups, however, on-campus groups and educational departments have first priority.
Drop Us A Line!
Need to purchase tickets to upcoming events?
Bella Popowski, Box Office Assistant
Interested in renting facilities on our Rome Campus?
Aubrey Carletta, Events and Guest Services Associate
Interested in renting facilities on our Utica Campus?
Erica Carrock, Coordinator of Events and Guest Services
Need some technical assistance?
Bryan Telarole, Technical Coordinator of Events and Guest Services
Looking for an invoice or need to talk about billing?
Bill Dustin, Director of Events and Guest Services