Mohawk Valley YouthBuild
Mohawk Valley YouthBuild is a program that engages at-risk, low-income youth ages 18-24 who need to complete their high school education and develop career skills. We foster an environment of mutual respect, positive attitudes, hands-on learning, and a love for yourself and community.
YouthBuild prepares you to:
- Earn a high school equivalency diploma by successfully passing the TASC exam
- Gain job skills, earn certificates, and build a resume
- Plan for job placement
- Enter a college program
- Be trained in Construction or Hospitality careers
- Earn money through stipends and wages
- Become part of a supportive family system
- 18 to 24 years old
- In need of a high school equivalency diploma
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a disability
- In the foster care system
- An adult and/or youthful offender
- Child of an incarcerated parent
For more information, call 315.731.5883 or visit us at 524 Elizabeth Street in Utica, N.Y.
"Once in YouthBuild always in YouthBuild"
YouthBuild Career Developer
YouthBuild Case Manager
YouthBuild Construction Instructor
YouthBuild Adult Literacy Instructor
YouthBuild Hospitality Instructor