Hiring Systems Design Team
Research and explore ideas to make thoughtful and daring recommendations to significantly improve the hiring system and position the College for the future.
- Research hiring practices at identified exemplary community colleges
- Identify the steps and components of MVCC's hiring processes and compare to research findings.
- Develop a list of abundance for what is working well and why.
- Develop a deficit list for what is missing or what needs to be enhanced and how to go about it.
- Recommend changes to the current hiring system with possible timelines for implementation (What can be done by when?).
- Focus on past individual searches or situations.
- Establish policy.
- Develop indicators for annual evaluation of how we know if our hiring system is working well.
- Recognize that we are in the midst of a generational transition with our workforce and we need to have solid systems in place to recruit excellent talent pools for vacant positions as they come open.
- Think big in making recommendations to increase the diversity of our workforce.
Get creative in making recommendations in strengthening the hiring process that present the College as a class operation to prospective employees from start to finish.
Community Colleges to Research
Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, North Carolina
Owens Community College, Toledo, Ohio
Two SUNY Community Colleges