Employee Recognition Design Team
Purpose: Research and explore ideas to make thoughtful and daring recommendations to significantly expand the employee recognition system.
Contact for Questions:
- Research employee recognition (awards, etc.) practices at identified exemplary community colleges (see attached list).
- Inventory internal practices of recognition and compare to research findings.
- Spend time discussing what makes (and what you’d like to see make) MVCC special and consider how recognition can reflect those elements.
- Brainstorm and prioritize awards and methods of recognition that celebrate the essence of MVCC and allow all full-time employees to be recognized.
- Develop list of tangible awards beyond a framed certificate.
- Package lists into final recommendations with possible timelines for implementation.
- (What can be done by when?).
- Focus on past individual award recipients.
- Establish policy.
- Awards can be tangible and intangible.
- Employee recognition should represent symbols of the organizational culture we are proud of and the culture we strive to become.
- Keep all full-time employees in mind and be inclusive.
- Think big in making recommendations to inspire each other.
- Get creative in making recommendations in that can have a lasting impact on the culture of MVCC.
Community Colleges to Research
College of Lake County, Grayslake, Illinois
Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, Kansas
Two SUNY Community Colleges