Civility Project Design Team
Purpose Statement: Purpose Statement: The purpose of the Civility Project Design Team is to recommend best practice efforts to increase civility at Mohawk Valley Community College.
March 2012-July 15, 2012
- Research civility initiatives at other colleges and review student opinion and staff climate survey results related to civility.
- Develop preliminary recommendations regarding best practice efforts for integrating civility into the organizational culture at MVCC and determine sustainability needs regarding civility coordination.
- Synthesize feedback and make final recommendations.
- Make long-term decisions; discuss personnel issues; get caught up in activity or program planning.
- Keep the College mission front and center
- Think about getting at root cause issues of incivility
- Consider all aspects of civility along the continuum
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue