Under Prepared Students Design Team
The purpose of the Underprepared Student Design Team is to create a more aggressive, innovative, coordinated, student-focused system of academic and support components for underprepared students at the College.
VP for Learning & Academic Affairs
November 2009- March 2010
- Review research literature and best practices related to underprepared students at 3 SUNY community colleges and 3 outside of SUNY (Johnson County CC, LaGuardia CC, Lane CC, or Kingsborough CC).
- Synthesize findings and identify preliminary recommendations to present to College Senate.
- Integrate feedback from College Senate to develop final recommendations to VPLAA.
- Make decisions
- Discuss personnel issues
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission with an emphasis on the student experience front and center
- Be creative and think big
- Think about what’s best for students
- Match exit criteria for developmental reading and writing courses with competencies needed to succeed in credit-bearing classes.
Liaison with Learning Communities Design Team